- Select one player each night to run tests on them.
- You are randomly assigned good or evil alignment.
- If you target an ally, you will heal them.
- If you target an enemy, you will paralyze them the next day.
- Figure out which side you work for, and help them win.
When a player is tested on, they will usually be either healed or paralyzed depending on the player's faction/role and the Researcher's allegiance.
|Good Researcher Reaction||Evil Researcher Reaction|
|Bystanders||No reaction||No reaction|
|Misfits (Excluding Researcher)||Paralyze||Heal|
- In the event that a Good and Evil Researcher are the final remaining living roles, the Good Researcher will win, along with the Heroes.
- In the event of a draw, any Evil Researchers will win, while any Good Researchers will lose.
- A Researcher can save a player from dying from a Gasser's gas if they are protected the night they are to die from said gas (not necessarily the night they are initially gassed).
Counselor:Your target is not suspicious.
Nerd:Your target knows business. They must be a Delivery Boy, a Researcher or a Manager.